Tuesday, May 09, 2006

E What?

Yes, it's that time of the year again, and even though E3 hasn't officially started yet (I think), some stuff has already leaked onto the Internet like it tends to happen.

I'm not going to regurge all the information you can find anywhere else, so I'll just direct you to www.gametrailers.com for the necessary Footage.

So first impressions:

1. GODDAMN Metal Gear Solid 4 looks amazing. This can't be all realtime can it?
If it is then the XBox 360 can really pack its bags, which it should anyway.

2. Hey, FFXII hasn't even been released outside of Japan yet, but here's FFXIII arriving in a mess of other related games apparently. Looks nice and impressive, but a little bit too much like Final Fantasy X-2 for my taste. Don't know what to make of this yet. Looks great though.

3. I don't really give a damn about Sony ripping off Nintendo's ideas of 3D control, but I'm more bothered by their Microsoft-esque stunt of selling two separate versions of the PS3, problem is the cheapest one is going to be 499 BUCKS. Add another 100 for the Full version and you've got yourself one Expensive Mutha.
But shit, if it looks anything like what has been shown so far I'll be all over this.
I'm a bit worried about getting a first model though, Sony doesn't really have a clean reputation when it comes to functionability. ie. Their bloody machines keep crashing. Bastards.

Well, that's it.
Oh and on some unrelated notes I'd like to say:

4. FFXII is starting to PISS ME OFF. Seriously, I came THIS *makes tiny handmotion* close to putting it down FOR GOOD yesterday. I'd been doing fine until I suddenly ran into one extremely motherfucking hard boss, who kept kicking my ass over and over, and after, like 4 tries I was seriously fed up, but I managed to scrape in a victory with one character standing with 1 HP or something.
And you know what the bloody Irony of it all is? THE BOSS WAS DOCTOR CID!
Fucking Asshole.
Oh, that was kind of a spoiler by the way, just so you know.
I swear if they pull this kind of stunt again, I'm NOT going to finish this game, making it the first since.......well actually making it the first FF EVER I didn't finish after starting it.
I'll admit I had trouble with 4 and 5 as well though.
Bleh, I wanna start playing my Shadow Hearts games already.

5. Don't think I mentioned this yet, but I bought Baten Kaitos 2 for around 4400 Yen or something. Absolutely LOVED the original, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this since very little seems to have changed. I'm going to finish Paper Mario 2 first though.

6. Dammit, the more I think about it the more I love Shadow of the Colossus.
I've been listening to the soundtrack a LOT lately and it's just so damn beautiful, especially if you've played the game and enjoyed the fantastic visuals that accompany it. I'm going to have to get this game, even though I already completed a borrowed copy, cos I just NEED to have this for myself.
It's getting dangerously close to becoming one of the best games I've ever played.
Oh, and: FUCK GOD OF WAR.

1 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked to Rieks the other day. I'll bet that you didn't know that he started working in the library of Leiden University. So in a way, he's the new Huib!
He told me that he'll be visiting the E3 this year, because of his business.
He started his own business, in corporation with a Japanese company that concerns itself with, you guessed it, MSX games. According to Rieks, together with a few friends he will be forming the "European branch" of that Japanese firm, that sounded rather small and underground.
So he'll be promoting his company at the E3. Lucky bastard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home