Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shit

Woohoo!
Went to the local Cheap-ass Book/DVD/CD/Game store and picked up some nice games yesterday. Shadow Hearts 2 for only 1980 Yen, including a short guidebook, and Shadow Hearts 3 for 2980 Yen which is also fairly cheap.

There has to be a reason why this post is titled 'shit', though, hasn't there?
Yes, and it is: My PS2 finally seems to have given the ghost.
After trying to watch several rented (ie. Severely Damaged) DVD's and messing up most of the movies my PS2 decided that it was getting too old for this, and now it won't read my games at all anymore either.
Yeah, that's great quality there, Sony.

Why are my fucking 14 year old SNES and GB still working, when my 6 year old PS2 isn't, and my PSX has been freezing up a lot as well lately (Before I left to Japan).
Dammit, I have a bloody NES that still works....uh....reasonably well.
At least it plays games.

So I guess I'm going to have to buy another one, cos wouldn't you know it, FFXII was JUST getting interesting (there's irony for ya) with me getting my first Summon and the story finally starting to go somewhere (after only 15 hours!) so I can't really wait until the PS3 hits stores, can I. No, I can't.
I'll try and pick one up cheap somewhere in the course of this week (I hope), or else I'll just steal one. There are these things that the Japanese just expect foreigners to do, don't ya know.

As a pastime though, I decided to fire up Paper Mario RPG yesterday, and it's great fun, as I had expected. It doesn't need 15 hours to become good, it's immediate fun from the beginning, UNLIKE SOME OTHER GAMES. Which shall remain nameless.

As a further Poke in the eye from God, the Silent Hill Movie has been released anywhere but here in Japan it seems, and it turns out to be real good actually (for the fans at least). Apparently the director has stayed VERY close to the games in terms of looks and sound, which is ALL I want from this movie anyway, so I know I'm going to love it already.
Which makes waiting until summer even harder, bunch of assholes.

Bah!

*Update since I wrote this, which was 2 days ago, but the bloody computer wouldn't update my blog*

Bought myself a new PS2, cos the other one was crap.
I am now the proud owner of one of those spiffy New Model PS2's, Satin Silver no less, and it actually plays my games, AND severely scratched and damaged rental DVD's without any trouble.
Damn my old Black Box which is, like, 15 TIMES BIGGER (you can use it to launch rockets) and yet doesn't do what it's supposed to.
Really, I had no idea the new Model was SO small and compact.
I put it on the old one, and it was a good thing the colors were different otherwise I might not have found it back anymore. Damn yo, is it ever seXAY!

SO, this means that the time has finally come to...do away...with my old PS2. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell this new model once the PS3 hits stores, since it's so damn HOT, and I read the PS3's backwards compatibility might be a bit restricted, like the XBox 360, so I'll probably hold onto it, but my old one is DEFINITELY going to bite the dust, in several very violent ways.
I'm still pondering over what I'm going to do to it, but I'm seriously considering breaking my fist on it. And I'm fairly certain there will be crowbars involved somewhere....

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik ga voor de vuist-breek methode. De PS2 heeft daar gewoon iets mee.

Goeie update trouwens.

 
At 5/02/2006 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi ingen,

ik ben een kennis van janus en je kent me vast ook wel van het digi forum als jer0en. ik had ff een vraag aan je. De ultimania van kingdom hearts wil janus wel voor me meenemen uit japan als ie gaat maar ik weet de prijs niet. Weet jij misschien hoeveel het kost in euro's. Alvast bedankt ^^

jeroen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home