Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Word of the day: WOW.

No, that doesn't stand for World of Warcraft, but it sure as hell is going to give me a whole bunch of hits this week! :D

It's amazing what people with powerful computers can do when they put their minds to it, and I experienced two such technical wonders today.
The first was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, GOD how spectacular it is.
Will not be released until tomorrow, but you can trust the Internet to leak it out before, and I suggest you download the torrent RIGHT NOW.
Never mind the fact that the story, as I had expected, is stupid and useless and rapes the original game, IT LOOKS SO GOOD. And it has lots of Matrix effects and slow motion and freeze frames, so you KNOW it's cool. AND it has big breasts. God I love Titfa. Uh. Sorry bout that. And those breasts are not the only things that defy gravity in this movie, let me tell you that. Dragon Ball anyone?

But arguably even more impressive was my next instalment in the King's Log series: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Only played a rough 2 hours yet, but so far this game is blowing me AWAY. The cutscenes are brilliantly choreographed, it looks astoundingly beautiful, the story looks like a nice mix of real facts and completely bullshit fantasy characters again (I've got a glimpse of some of the upcoming bosses already, and they're a colorful bunch I can tell you) I might enjoy this even more than its prequels.

Tomorrow I have to play interpreter for a whole day, for some nice people from Kirin, not the beer department, mind you, no, the seed-handling department. Great.
Well, it's a shitload of money for one day anyway, so I'm not complaining.
They'd better give me a lifetime's supply of free beer though, or I'll show them some parts of Amsterdam they'll NEVER forget.

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, I guess you couldn't hold out until next time to watch it, hmmmm? Oh well....

 
At 9/14/2005 11:01 PM, Blogger Ingen! said...

HELL NO. I've waited so long for this movie, I couldn't wait a second, but I'll gladly watch it again and again and again until materia starts dropping from my nose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home