Monday, September 05, 2005

Fiddlesticks and Sugar

I think I have a reputation of being a mild-mannered person. I pride myself on being virtually impossible to enrage, and I don't think anyone has ever seen me actually angry. Annoyed or irritated, sure, but never really angry.
I tend not to let things get to me so much that they make me freak out, and I've been able to keep that up pretty succesfully for all my life now.

That is, until a couple of hours ago, my computer decided that the Word Document containing my near-completion Thesis was corrupt and needed to be disposed of WITHOUT PROMPTING. I can't remember EVER having been this motherfucking, bloodsucking, rampageing angry at anything in my entire life. I think the neighbours'll stay well clear of me the next couple of months.
As will my cat when she decides to come out from under the couch.
It's a good thing I didn't have an axe with me (untypically) or I wouldn't have been able to make this post. At least not from the comfort of my home.

EXTREMELY fortunately, I intensely distrust PC's as it is, so I had a back-up stored safely in my mail-box, which is where I store most of my important documents, so that I can access them anywhere and everywhere, and, of course, always have a safe back-up. This back-up was 6 pages short of the finished version, and lacked the recent modifications I had made to it, but I've already adjusted them again, and am nearing calmness now. Most of the time I have spent on it recently involved editing pictures and the like, and those still remained intact as separate files, luckily.

Needless to say though, we are not amused and Bill Gates needs to die. Like a BITCH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home