Sunday, August 28, 2005

Le Jour du Judgment

Just a quick in-betweener here. As you all know, sometimes I just like to look at this blog, that is largely intended for Gaming purposes, as a kind of diary as well, where I write about all the zany stuff that fails to happen in my life, so I have to make things up most of the time.

This bit's true though, which would explain why it's not interesting for anyone but myself. Tomorrow I will get to spend my entire frigging day at the Japanese Embassy here in The Netherlands. I have applied for a 2-year scholarship to "do research" (Tee Hee) at Osaka Foreign Language University and tomorrow is the selection day. Contrary to popular belief, they don't actually give these away for free with a packet of margarine, so this basically means I have to be there at 9 o'clock in the morning (normally I go to bed around this time) and do 4 consecutive tests of my mad English and Japanese skillZORZ.
Also, the Embassy likes to take an EXTREMELY long lunch break from 12.30 to 14.00 or something (I wonder how these people get ANY work done), then some more tests and an interview where I get to fuck up royally and ruin any chance I ever had of becoming Garbage Collector (also known as Anime Otaku) in Japan.

So basically, my entire future depends on my ability to flirt with old Japanese men (don't underestimate that!) and a bottle of cheap wine.
I have no idea when I will get the results, I don't even know how many people will be there, but I'm kinda hoping I'm the only one. At least, if my insiders at the Dutch Postal Office have intercepted all letters to and from the Embassy.
*waves at Niels and Patrick*

So, in other words, I'm totally screwed and I'll have to spend the rest of my life selling that new morning-after pill for men I invented. It'll be a HIT I tellz ya!

So if anyone wants to make my life more miserable, be sure to call me at the most inappropriate times, I know some of you have a knack for that. I personally would NEVER do something like that, like calling someone who's trying to cross a busy street or something. Cos that would be dangerous. *hides behind table*

Now, where did I put my bribe money?

5 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck

 
At 8/29/2005 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did things go? I take it you were the only one taking the test? Lemme know how things went, OK?

btw: It is done...Sephiroth is a pussy! He only got the chance to cast "Shadow Flare" on Cloud once before he croaked. Huzzay for "Knights of the Round", "W-Summon" and "Mime".....
All in all, a magnificent game, though I wouldn't go as far and rate it a perfect 10. I would have to say, a 10-.

 
At 8/29/2005 9:36 PM, Blogger Ingen! said...

How many times have I told you, Summerhouse? REFRESH, damn you.
Your comment was made a little under one hour after I posted today's events.

And my scoring is final, unless I take it back.

 
At 8/29/2005 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooookay... I've been refreshing the damn page like a zillion times and there was no new post when I wrote my comment. I'm telling you man, there is a time-delay when you have made your post....
AND NO, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY COMPUTER!!!!

oh, and congrats on the test. There was no doubt in my mind you'd ace it, you sexy beast you.

 
At 8/30/2005 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a tip - try to make fun of people AFTER you get their game collection worth thousands of gil/rupees/RUK/bucks.

But yeah, congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home