Sunday, August 14, 2005

Shit.

Well it had to happen sometime in a stupid project like this, but I have finally stumbled upon some unfortunate malfunctions. It seems my N64 has given the ghost, as the phrase would have it, and it won't fire up anymore.
It might be that there's something wrong with the wiring, in which case I will have to find a new power adaptor somewhere.
I have a Japanese N64, but the advantage of Nintendo's Power Adaptor's is that the output is always the same, so even if I get a European adaptor, it should still work without any trouble on my Japanese N64.

On the other hand, something might be wrong with the adaptor socket at the back of the machine, which would mean I'm a lot further from home, and probably in a hopeless situation.
Fortunately I have Ocarina of Time on Gamecube as well, so at the moment there's still no problem, but if I want to be able to play Majora's Mask, and I actually do, believe it or not, I'm going to have to solve this problem somehow.

Man, I never thought that if one of my consoles would give up on me, that it would be a Nintendo console, the most sturdy of all. I was already writing obituaries for my Playstations, and then this happens. Damn.

Alternatively I might try finding a European N64, that shouldn't be too hard, with a converter so I can play my Japanese games on it. Finding a converter is going to be very hard I'm afraid though. But the advantage would be that I'd finally be able to play European games, cos I haven't been able to do that up til now.

So I'll probably be walking in and out of gamestores a lot the coming weeks. Yay!

8 Comments:

At 8/14/2005 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"further from home"...Isn't that incorrect English? Similar as the phrase: "You can say thunder to that" (^-^)

 
At 8/14/2005 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind, you've been using the phrase "given the ghost" in a similar fashion, on purpose. Guess I underestimated the Mighty Ingen....(>3<)

 
At 8/15/2005 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

State soldier's ambitions politically hit big snag
Normally, it would be the type of national exposure that a little-known, long-shot Arizona candidate for U.S. Senate could only dream about.
Hmm Good reading. Always looking for blogs I like. I now have diagnose problem with computer website. It really is all about diagnose problem with computer subjects. Check it out when you can.

 
At 8/15/2005 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blog Digest
PDA And Mobile Today It's a new blog, but it has some interesting topics, such as daily links to PDA-friendly Web sites to surf with your device.
Great blog site!! Bookmarked it.

I have a Hunter Ceiling Fan Wiring site/blog. It pretty much covers Hunter Ceiling Fan Wiring related stuff.

Come see mine if you get time.

 
At 8/15/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger Ingen! said...

Wow! Looks like I've been spammed!
Does this mean my site is REALLY important now?

 
At 8/15/2005 10:39 AM, Blogger Ingen! said...

Holy Sheet! I posted my reply BEFORE the spam even occurred! Look at those posting times! I've created a Dimensional Warphole with my Blog! Yay!

 
At 8/15/2005 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr Mzangbangwa Foekiefoekie Nuukon, and I have 10 million dollar which I'd like to transfer to your ba... ah wait, it's just me, bort.

But what did you think of my impersonation of an African bankrupt bank director's son?

Congratulations on your first spam, it must've been a big moment for you. Now if only REAL people would post comments eh? Not like Summerhouse and me, which, come on admit it, you've posted yourself.

Seriously though, I'll gladly donate both of my N64s (european and japanese) for this noble and indeed meaningful project.

So cheers.

 
At 8/16/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Ingen! said...

Well, I see you've got your PC working again, great!
Now all we need is for the Royal Dutch Railways to fix the mess between Haarlem and Amsterdam, and maybe we can actually get some gameing done and perhaps realise that most fortuitous donation you offered me.

And yes, I am talking about your manly seed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home