Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What is wisdom?

You know, I kinda look upon this blog as being a kind of diary, only not so gay because it's on a computer, so occasionally I would like to venture off the beaten path of Video Games and take you into the wild and zany existence that is my life, to talk about some things that annoy me and generally suck, like foreigners and democracy.

So today I went to the dentist. Yes, the dentist, otherwise known as He Who Makes Shitloads of Money off Other People's Pain. I think they call him George in America.

I was going for a routine check-up, but I had the feeling something was wrong, because the space between some previously filled teeth was and is kinda sensitive.
Turned out though, it wasn't so bad. The one on the left seems perfectly fine, and it's just a matter of sensitive gums or something.
The other filling seems to have some kind of bubble in it, inexplicably, but the Dentist was quick to point out, that is only a minor thing and with a small procedure that should take no more than 30 minutes, that can be fixed.
I'll have to wait until October 3rd though, cos the guy is so motherbitching Popular.
In his defence, his office is probably one of the best dentistry place thingies in this whole country, which is actually saying something.

The fun was only just starting though. You see, I have a wisdom tooth rearing its ugly head in the back of my mouth, which is why I propose people call it a Distance Tooth from now on, cos it doesn't matter anyway.
Now the damn thing has been there for YEARS already, I know of its existence, but we made a pact, agreeing that if he would stay low and mind his own business, that I wouldn't have to drag him out by his ass in a very slow and painfull operation.
We have been living in this harmony for nigh on 5 or 6 years now, and he has never even given so much as a small yelp. He's very docile and obedient, and he can do tricks if you ask him nicely.

The dentist though, she figured (yes, it was a she in this case, but the guy who runs the office is a he, as guys tend to be, but he's so filthily rich that he can go on a holiday for 364 days a year, and only come running into the office one day a year to claim the money in the register.) that it might come through, and it might start hurting or developing cavaties, so we'd best take it out now, whilst it's still not suspecting anything, and whilst the procedure would still be most excruciatingly painful.
I told her to go fuck herself, only I forgot to move my mouth and vocal chords, but that is not really my problem. She said that next time I'm there, she'll give me a reference for the surgeon or whatever, and I already have a nice comfortable place reserved for it in my trash can.

But that is still not the end of it though, boys and girls, oh no.
You see, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I had some trouble with my teeth.
Normally, people have their milk teeth, or whatever they're called in English, which are replaced with nice mature full-grown teeth at a young age, and nobody complains.

But if you're a freak of nature, like me, you have ANOTHER fucking pair of front teeth, waiting in line behind the second, firmly established pair. "Well, we can't have that, and I need a yaucht" the Dentist thought, so he removed the extra pair of teeth, or mesiodens, as they were apparently known, in one of the worst days of my life.
Now, don't get me wrong, the guy is a great dentist, and he made sure there was no pain whatsoever by injecting me with enough anaesthetics to floor a small elephant, but, even without pain, there's something indescribably nasty about a guy digging away at your palate with pliers and corkscrews and everything and JERKING out two firmly lodged teeth that have no intention of going anywhere, in a very length operation. And no amount of drugs can take away the taste of gallons of blood.
Cos I'm a MOTHERFUCKING BLEEDER. Well you'd be too.

All the while, I was watching the tasteful clock he has suspended in his operating room, shaped like a tooth, with a small drill for an hour hand, a mirror for a minute hand, and something really nasty with a big hook on the end for a second hand. I love the Dentist's.

So, as I was saying, it looked like yet ANOTHER superfluous tooth is trying to rear it's ugly mug, this time somewhere in the front-left, although it might be something else. She took a picture, and she'll tell me what it is next time I see her.
I CAN'T WAIT, CAN YOU BOYS AND GIRLS!?

I was considering just walking up to a Huge Negro and telling him I saw his mother with another monkey, but I was afraid he might miss the exact spot, so I decided not to.

I'd better get myself out of the country fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home