Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What's in a name?

I have a confession to make.
It seems that, after carefully scrutinizing my Alphabetic List and some of my game Boxes, I haven't been terribly accurate in the whole "looking at the name and placing it in the right alphabetical order" thing.
If you've read the rules, and don't try to pretend you haven't, I CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, you'll know that this whole project is based on the names of my games, as they appear on the box or the cartridge/CD's.

This means that I adhere to the Japanese names for the Japanese games, and THAT's where I've been a little inconsistent, or to be more accurate, asleep.
I noticed already that where I put Battle Arena Toshinden, the Japanese version is actually just called Toshinden, so it should have been at the end somewhere.
And what I called Donkey Kong Country is actually Super Donkey Kong in Japanese, also placing it way towards the back, in the far too crowded letter S.

Now I know you're all probably panicking, going around shouting "OHMYGOD, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE PROJECT!? IS THIS PLANET DOOMED!? IS LIFE AS WE KNOW IT GOING TO END!? WILL I HAVE TO CANCEL MY LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP!? IS THAT AN ALIEN SPACESHIP COMING OUT OF THE ASPHALT!?"

Yes, it is, and it's been there for over a million years, but don't worry, cos I have a good feeling the aliens will be too stupid to have done the minimal amount of research to find out if maybe the human race doesn't carry some very common germs that are terminally lethal to them.

So I'm going to turn a blind eye, as they say, and pretend as if NOTHING has happened, American Government Stylee, but I'll make sure it won't happen again, officer.

That having been said having....uh, I've made a couple of changes to the Alphabetic List to prevent the same thing from happening again. Don't worry, this time I've checked everything, and it's 100% accurate.
Unless it will turn out that I'm wrong again afterwards.

So please note that, as of today:
- Legend of Mana has been moved to Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana
- Zelda no Densetsu has been moved (back again) to Legend of Zelda, since apparently, waddayaknow, they DO actually say Legend of Zelda on the Japanese boxes.
- Golden Sun is now Ogon no Taiyo.
- Rainbow Bell Adventures = TWINBEE Rainbow Bell Adventures
- I've messed up the whole order of Super Mario games, and I'm still not sure if it makes sense now, and I've also moved Yoshi's Island from Y to S, since it says Super Mario: Yoshi's Island. Yay!

My, isn't this interesting?
Remember, my young whippersnappers, this is all in the good name of science, not completely unlike shooting incredibly expensive pieces of equipment into large lumps of Rock. Now, on with the show.

Almost finished Final Fantasy X, rounding up all the extra stuff now, before going into Sin. Yes, INTO SIN, so I'll probably finish this tomorrow. Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home