Monday, July 18, 2005

Grandia II

On with the show, folks.

After the incredibly lengthy Final Fantasy series, it is time for yet another Bulky RPG, Grandia II, being the sequel to Grandia, which I never played, but is still on my to do list if I can ever get hold of it.

This is one of my very few Dreamcast Games, and I think I actually bought a Dreamcast keeping in mind that this game was going to be released soon. The REAL reason I bought a Dreamcast is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 of course. Like most consoles, a Capcom game got me to buy my first Sega machine.

Anyway, in this game you play Rude, and since nomen est omen and everything, he's kind of a blunt guy, and a Geohound at that. If you don't know what a Geohound is, you haven't played this game, obviously, cos it doesn't actually really exist.
A Geohound is basically a kind of Jack-of-all-Trades, whom people can hire to do all kinds of tasks.

In this case, the story start by Rude having to safely guide a Choir Girl to an important Ritual in a tower in the middle of a dangerous forest.
Of course, things go hideously wrong, and the girl, Elena, gets possessed by the Evil Spirit of Valmar, an ancient demon who lost the battle with the benevolent God Granas aeons ago and has since been sealed away.

Now, I don't know why Benevolent Gods always have the tendency to 'seal up' their eternal adversaries instead of just REALLY doing away with them, but there you go, this once again goes to show that Gods, especially the good ones, are really bloody stupid.

So cue dungeon crawling, monster bashing, village roaming etc. and you have another lengthy RPG on your hands. Currently 6 hours into the game, I would have posted the introductionary blurb yesterday, but the Internet exploded over at our house, and we spent all day cleaning up all the bits and bytes.

More on this as it happens, stay tuned, and be the FIRST to read about it! AREN'T YOU SPECIAL!?

And THIS is how you can tell this game was made by Japanese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home