Friday, July 15, 2005

And 2 more

I sincerely apologize for the INCREDIBLE lack of updates recently, but I've been kinda busy, believe it or not. Or as busy as anyone who has the time to start a project like this can logically be, actually.

I haven't had that much time to play, what with me totally wasting my time on working on my thesis and sh*t. I have no clue why I'm giving that priority over something as important as playing video games, especially when we're talking about intelligent stuff like Final Fantasy X-2. I WILL finish it soon though, believe me, I will kill if I have to.

I did use some of my leisure time to buy yet TWO more games! Gasp! Shock and Horror!
They are: Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Prince of Persia Warrior Within, both for Gamecube. I've been warned about the latter, but since I greatly enjoyed Sands of Time, I figured, as long as all the puzzle stuff is in there, It'll be good.
I picked both these games up at a not-so-local video store, where they were selling their rental GC games for about 15 Euro a piece, because noone was interested in renting them. I wanted to check the disks before I bought them, because I am terribly suspicious of second-hand games in the west, what with most people's tendency to use their games as beer coasters, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my own reflection, undisturbed by scratches or coffee stains. Or as pleasantly surprised as one can be when one has a face like oneself. These games had obviously hardly ever been touched.

It pains me to see how poorly the GC seems to be doing, and it revolts me even more to see what DOES arouse the general gaming public in this country. If it's got a ball or a skateboard in it, it seems pretty much everything is instant gold over here which makes me long back to the good old days of yore, when gaming was mostly a Japanese affair and we got REAL quality games, unsettlingly weird as though they may have been at times.

Anyway, I'll wait playing these games until I hit their respective letters, since I'm in no particular hurry to play either of these, I just thought I'd buy them cos the price was right. I have a strong urge to buy something REALLY new though, cos I haven't bought a brand spanking NEW game (as in, recently released) since, oh, Resident Evil 4 back in January.'

After Final Fantasy X-2, Grandia II is up. I was hoping Final Fantasy XII would be released when I finished the series, but it seems the Japanese government is denying its existence. Fortunately though, August 4th will see the Japanese release of Grandia III, which might be interesting, if I can get it for a decent price. Also, July 28th is Shadow Hearts 3, September 14th is Advent Children, and November something is Twilight Princess. I think I'll get through this year okay.

Gaming Life is Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home