Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Neverending Story

It is here! Doomsday has come!
I have started playing the regular Final Fantasy Series!
See you in 2006 then!

Ugh. First up is Final Fantasy IV, fortunately I don't own any of the first three, so that at least saves me some time. I'm playing FF4 Easy to be exact, which is the Japanese remake of the American version apparently. The original Japanese version is ROCKHARD, so they toned it down for those silly Westerners and consequently rereleased it in Japanese for the non-sadists.
So in more popular terms, this would be Final Fantasy IV International. Only in Japanese. Or something.

I've only played one hour so far, and I've reached the Underground Waterway, also known as the Cave of the Antlion. Yippee, I guess.
One thing is immediately noticeable though. Nobuo Uematsu was BRILLIANT at that time.
The SNES era was definitely the highlight of his musical career (His work on FFX and FFXI sucked ass, excluding the orchestral stuff), but the music in this game just feels so RIGHT. You'll find yourself humming along to practically everything within one minute. Great Stuff. And the game is charming, as usual. It does suffer from some non-user-friendly quirks though, but I'll tell you more about that later.
Shouldn't judge this too much by today's standards of course, but some things should just be common sense.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be locked in my room for the rest of the year.

Spoony! Spoony! Spoony! Spoony! Wheeeheee!


Incidentally, have you ever noticed how, every time you try to look for pictures using google, you ALWAYS get at least one picture of a Cat, no matter what you are looking for? You could type in 'dog' and you'd still get 50 cat pictures.
I'm serious here, try ANY name, and you'll get at least one pic.
It's pretty much a given if you use a normal name, but, and I kid you not, why the Hell do I get a cat picture when I type 'FF4' as a command?
I mean, that just doesn't make SENSE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home