Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Donkey Kong Country 3

Wow! Today was a really beautiful day!
The Sun was shining, everyone was happy, lots of pretty women out and about in skimpy outfits, the ideal kind of pre-summer weather to sit outside a cafe and have a couple of drinks with your friends.

So I decided this was the perfect time to stay kooped up in my room and get some SERIOUS gaming done! Screw the outside world! Outside is for losers!
You know who were outside a lot? Hitler and Mussolini, that's who!

So I finished Donkey Kong Country 3 today. Nice game.
The only problem is, after two rather similar sequels, the novelty has kinda worn off. The graphics are still pretty I guess, but we'd already gotten used to that, so it's nothing to gawp at anymore. Even the music seems rather uninspired when compared to its predecessors. It's still better than DKC 1 though, cos at least it's still got plenty of things on offer, even more than DKC 2, but most of it will just make you go "meh".

I still say DKC 2 is best, cos they did everything right for the first time, so it was still fresh, fun and innovative. This is just more of the same, and not even quite as good. Still, there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, so that means you're still left with a very decent game, it just fails to impress anymore.
So an 8 seems about right.
Fortunately Rare also got the message after this one, so they decided to move into the realm of 3D. And I'll have more on that one soon...



Sometimes words don't even BEGIN

2 Comments:

At 3/23/2005 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the? did DK3 just come out there?

 
At 3/23/2005 9:25 PM, Blogger Ingen! said...

LOL. Yes, Europe tends to be rather slow in these things. Like, 10 years slow. And this is a British game!

But seriously, the whole point of this site is that I'm playing through my entire collection of video games Alphabetically. You did know that, right?

On a side note, can I ask how you found this page, cos I still can't find it when I use a search engine myself.... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home