Sunday, June 20, 2010

Red Seeds Profile is...

otherwise known as Deadly Premonition in the West!

I just started playing this game, because it actually came recommended to me by people whom I trust more than IGN (there's people living in cardboard boxes whose opinion I'd value more, mind you), I'm about 2 hours in and I have to say...

It's f*cking awesome.

Don't listen to the retards at IGN who don't know quality when it comes up to them and pisses in their skulls. Instead, read the Destructoid review!
Deadly Premonition Review
They're right.

Well, maybe that's exaggerating a little, but it's DEFINITELY a lot better than most people will have you believe.
Yes, it has a low budget so you get crappy graphics and lousy car controls and whatnot, but right from the get-go it is obvious that this game was made by people with passion, heart, and a great sense of humor.

Fans of Twin Peaks will LOVE it.
Fans of campy 80s movies will LOVE it.
People who understand that videogames do not have to be about state-of-the-art graphics, Hollywood-style production and lots of explosions will LOVE it.
People who love "different" will LOVE it.

The game's been a pretty straight roll of (intentional!) LOLs, and it's pretty fun to play as well (aside from some control issues, mostly relating to vehicles).
It was made BY and FOR people of "my generation" (ie early thirties), and there's shitloads of (optional) conversation/trivia on 70's/80's movies which is a total blast to listen to.

It's a shame the game only goes for full retail price in Japan. I love it, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable recommending it for 6000 yen...
It is, for all intents and purposes, a Budget Title: simple graphics, iffy voice-acting, completely warped directional audio and there's only 12 (!) achievements, so asking full price is a bit of a rip-off.

I'm guessing this one's going to win in the "Best Game Noone Played" category this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home