Thursday, December 08, 2005

In between VI

Status Report!

Yesterday was the day of my graduation!
In itself, this is enough of a feat, but it becomes even more bizarre when you consider I started studying in bloody 1997. I am now officially a Master of Arts, as the boring English title would have it, but I vastly prefer the Dutch terminology of Doctorandus, which even means I can put a nice Drs. in front of my name. THAT'S why I was doing it, after all.
My guidance teacher held a very nice speech, even though he admitted not knowing me so well. So what he did was, he actually went onto the Internet to perform a search on my name, AND HE FOUND THIS SITE. D'oh! *waves*
I'm sure he suddenly understood why it took me so long to write the damn thesis in the first place :S
Still, he made some very nice comments about it, so it was all good, and I was able to dodge out of the room, skillfully avoiding any nasty questions from the family.

So I'm a certified Japanologist now, which also automatically means that I'm unemployed, unwanted and a bit of a laughing-stock. At least I have my games, which don't laugh at me or call me names or put tacks on my seat just before I'm sitting down.

But I know that my regular readers are ALL wondering when the Hell I'm going to know if and when I can go to Japan with that nice scholarship. Well, I had a nice talk with my teacher the other day, who kindly made use of his contacts at the Japanese Embassy, and his insane Japanese Ambiguity Skills, and he found out for me that I will recieve the final results come MID-JANUARY at the frigging earliest.
Great.

Game-wise, I'm working on Namco X Capcom at the moment, which is consuming EXTREME amounts of time. Battles get longer and longer every time, and the other day, it took me about 2 HOURS to get through one particularly nasty fight. Over-the-top fun aplenty, but very time-consuming nonetheless.
Also, I'm playing the recently released Rockman EXE 6 on GBA (emulator), which is great fun, since they decided that the older games were better so they made one in the same vein again. Good stuff.

Well, that's my two cents for today, in the near future look forward to perhaps a Backlog, or maybe a review of Capcom Fighting Jam.

Drs. Ingen out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home